Letter to my Nephew

Dear boy,

Welcome to the world! From the fact of your early arrival I can tell that you’re a smart one kiddo, and I like that. As at Saturday 21st June, no-one was expecting you for at least another month or so but you wanted out and weren’t taking no for an answer. Hence, you arrived ahead of schedule on the 24th of June. Atta boy!
As your eyes start to open and you begin to settle into your surroundings, I want to give you some advice. They say advice is the worst vice; lets hope it won’t be true in this instance.

Firstly, I want to advise you to be yourself. The world is increasingly squeezing people into molds, taking away individual character and creating clones usually of one 'celebrity' or the other. Refuse to be put in a box: be yourself. Secondly, 'civilisation' and 'technological advancement' has meant that people have gotten increasingly impersonal but I tell u stay human, for the more you loose the sense of community and love for your fellow man the less human you yourself become.
You are not my 1st nephew but no need to worry; I have enough love to go round. I look forward to times of great fun with you old chap.

For now, be a good boy: suck well and sleep tight. One last thing; I’d like for you and I to shock your folks by making my name the first word you utter. Imagine this: you’re just playing with your mum one day and out of nowhere "Uncle Sheddy"! Now wouldn’t that be something?

Anyway, be good and I'll see you soon my good man. Again welcome.

Your Uncle,

Sheddy.

Comments

  1. Awwwww.
    This is lovely!
    Needs to go into some gilded frame for the young chap to read a few years down the line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts