Na me be dis?

Yesterday I found myself reflecting on the happy occasion of my wedding which took place in September a little over a month ago and the Scripture came to my mind which says that when the Lord turned away the captivity of Zion then were they like those that dreamed! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think being unmarried is an adverse spiritual condition requiring deliverance or anything so ludicrous.
It is true that marriage is a very honorable and desirable institution but being single is not a curse; if you’re single it may be that you are either not interested in getting married or simply awaiting God’s time (which admittedly may not meet your estimation!) but it does not mean anything is wrong with you. The point of the verse I quoted above is the wonder and awe of the magnitude of what God did for them. I can understand where they are coming from. Looking back at how I got where I am now, its simply unbelievable how God met me at the point of my needs and sent me help in due course. I’m speaking here not just of money to pay for wedding expenses but everything, beginning from the way I met my wife and how things progressed from there. It was almost as if I was a spectator, watching from the sidelines as God unfolded His plan to do me good; I felt like the proverbial little pencil in the hand of a writing God (per Mother Theresa of blessed memory). When it came to provision for the actual event, I gained an insight into the oft quoted phrase “if it were not for God who was on our side. . .” because truly we for don kpeme! I want to thank those who reached out to us in one way or the other, bending over backwards to be there for us literally and figuratively. You may be thinking “haba it was nothing” but believe me little is much and we truly appreciate you. And even for those who promised to do one thing or the other but fell short, don’t worry, it’s the thought that counts so jump in, we love you too!

However, paying for a wedding and the other physical aspects is only the very tip of the iceberg; being so intensely emotionally, physically and psychologically responsible to someone is a life transforming experience. Sadly many have been overwhelmed and overcome by it; immediately after the headiness, the surreal euphoria – of the wedding, often comes the harshness of living in the not so dreamy reality of the fact of your spouse’s humanity.
I’m telling you this to encourage you and help you be prepared: if you’re faced with a wedding and are worried about costs and such, be assured that the arm of flesh will fail you but God will come through for you. And even more importantly for when you start living together, be kind, considerate and understanding; honor, respect and cherish one another. When you see those annoying traits in him or her more starkly than ever and are tempted to be angry or upset, remember: he or she is seeing yours too! Remember that perfect couple you know who never have issues? Sorry to burst your bubble but they are not perfect; they have simply chosen not to allow ANYTHING be more important than the love they share and are increasingly learning to overlook one another’s faults. Love covers a multitude of sins. If you haven’t studied 1 Corinthians13 before then now is a good time to get studying so that you know what it means when you say “I love you” to someone. So back to where I started, I was trying to tell you how that in the past just over a month or so I’ve been walking on sunshine and I can tell its going to be a lovely, wonderful life!

Na me be dis?

Comments

  1. it only gets better from now on...all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this!
    I love it!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts